The Kingdom of Morocco - a state in north–west Africa - is one of the largest economies of the continent with its population of 37 million people.
Morocco's economy is focused on the development of foreign trade, in connection with which the country has concluded many free trade agreements with other countries.
$ 49 million worth Russian agricultural products were imported to Morocco in 2021, the estimated potential of Russian supplies is estimated at $ 500 million. The greatest prospects are grain crops, vegetable oil, residues from the production of starch and sugar beet production, confectionery, beef.Key indicators (as of 2021):
37.3 million people – the population of Morocco
$ 8.5 million - GDP at current prices
$ 7.9 billion – market volume of food and food importsThe main factors affecting the food market:
- growing demand for semi-finished products and ready-to-eat meals;
- negative attitude of Moroccans to GMOs;
- increased demand for Halal products;
- stable development and expansion of the retail sector;
- development of tourism and a steady increase in tourist flow.