The Kingdom of Morocco is a country in north–west Africa with a population of 37 million people, is one of the largest economies of the continent.
Morocco's economy is focused on the development of foreign trade, in connection with which the country has concluded many free trade agreements with other countries.
In 2021, agricultural products worth $ 49 million were imported from Russia to Morocco, the estimated potential of Russian supplies is estimated at $ 500 million. The greatest prospects are grain crops, vegetable oil, residues from the production of starch and sugar beet production, confectionery, beef.Key indicators: (as of 2021)
37.3 million people – the size of the population of Morocco
$ 8.5 million - GDP at current prices
7.2% - GDP growth
$ 7.9 billion – the volume of the food and food import marketThe main factors affecting the food market:
- growing demand for semi-finished products and ready-to-eat dishes
- negative attitude of Moroccans to GMOs
- increased demand for Halal products
- stable development and expansion of the retail sector
- development of tourism and a steady increase in tourist flow